Free Consultation


New Jersey

Involved in an Out-of-State Accident?

Involved in an Out-of-State Accident?

By:  Andrew S. Prince, Esq.
1-(800)-TEAM-LAW (832-6529) 

Call With Any Questions or Concerns!

No one ever plans for an accident.  So, what should you do if you are injured in a motorcycle accident while in a different state?  

Still contact motorcycle attorney, Andrew S. Prince (, to review your claim and see how he may be able to help you, even if the accident did not happen in New Jersey.  

Are You Covered?

Before taking the trip, you should review your motorcycle insurance policy.  Make sure you are fully covered.  Maximize your uninsured/underinsurance coverage if you have not already done so. The good thing about a well-funded motorcycle policy ($500,000 single limit is the best) is that the protection follows the driver, so if you are in an accident that happens while visiting another state, you will be covered by your motorcycle insurance policy.  As this is a complex situation, it is important to discuss it with an an experienced attorney like Andrew S. Prince.    

What To Do After the Accident

Just like any other accident, the first thing you should do is call 9-1-1 to report the crash to the police.  The police report is an objective, third-party account of what happened and will help your attorney prove the other driver was at fault.

You should also seek medical treatment as soon as possible.

Once you are out of harm’s way and your injuries have been stabilized, you should call Andrew S. Prince who can review your case and see how you may be able to move forward with a claim even though you were hurt out-of-state.

Filing a Claim

Generally, the laws of the state where an accident happened dictate how an accident claim is handled, so it is important to discuss this with a licensed attorney.  Andrew S. Prince is well versed in the motorcycle accident laws of every state.  Do not hesitate.  All calls to Andrew S. Prince are free.  That is why it is so important to discuss the situation with an experienced attorney like Andrew S. Prince.  He is only concerned about your best interest.  

For your free consultation, contact Andrew S. Prince at (732) 388-5454 or email him at  

Andrew S. Prince, Esq.
136 Central Avenue
Clark, NJ 07066
(732) 388-5454
1 (800) 832-6529
(732) 428-1509 — Fax

Additional Offices in Edison, East Brunswick, Jersey City, Newark, Orange, Perth Amboy and Westfield, NJ.

The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.