Free Consultation


New Jersey

What You Need to Know About Motorcycle Insurance

For motorcycle riders, a weekend ride is many riders’ idea of relaxation. Do not have the right motorcycle insurance? Relaxation can quickly turn into a nightmare.
Before selecting or renewing motorcycle insurance coverage, here is what you need to know. Most importantly, you need insurance.


For motorcycle liability coverage, there are two different types: bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
Bodily injury liability helps cover costs for others if you cause the accident. It addresses medical costs, loss of income as well as funeral costs in the event of a fatality in an accident caused by you.
Property damage liability covers the damage to another motorist’s property.
Minimum liability insurance requirements vary by state. And while the minimum might get you by, only purchasing the minimum will really hurt your financial situation if you are at fault in an accident.

Consider the maximum liability coverage:

  • To protect your financial assets from creditors.
  • To protect your passengers. In some cases, bodily injury liability insurance will cover passengers.
  • To protect yourself from others. Ever been in an accident with someone who did not have insurance and they were at fault. You need to carry uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) coverage for the most coverage amount you can afford. This (UM/UIM) will help provide coverage for your injuries and, in many cases, property damage when a less protected driver cannot cover the liability.

When it comes to motorcycle insurance coverage, there is plenty to think through. I can work with you to explain what insurance company is the right insurer for you. Most importantly, I can explain UM/UIM coverage. Look at my video on my website ( first. Then call me to schedule a free initial consultation with me, Andrew S. Prince. There is never a charge for a legal consultation.
You can contact me here at 1-800-TEAM-LAW (800) 832-6529 or (732) 388-5454. You can also email me at or fax me at (732) 428-1509. I am here to help you.