Free Consultation


New Jersey

Why You NEED Uninsured/Underinsurance Motorist Coverage

Why You NEED Uninsured/Underinsurance Motorist Coverage

1-(800)-TEAM-LAW (832-6529)

I am always saddened to have to tell a severely injured client that there is not enough insurance available to compensate them for their injuries and losses.  I urge all of you reading this article today to pull out your motorcycle and automobile insurance policies and make sure that you are fully protected in the unfortunate event you are the accident victim of an uninsured or underinsured driver.

Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) Motorist Coverage

Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist coverage is the most important coverage for any motorist to carry.  UM coverage provides compensation to you for damages to you caused by someone who carries no liability insurance or if you are injured by a “hit and run” driver.  I have many people tell me that they do not believe they need UM coverage because they have health insurance.  Health insurance is not the answer or solution.  In addition to medical bills, damages that an accident victim may sustain include lost wages and pain and suffering and permanent injury and future medical care.

Many people are surprised to find out after they are a victim of an accident that New Jersey does not require motorists to carry sufficient bodily injury coverage, therefore, the chances of being injured by someone with minimum liability insurance are substantial.

Knowing Your Options

In the event that you are injured by someone with little or no insurance, you are able to make a claim with your UM/UIM carrier to be compensated for your injuries, lost wages and pain and suffering.  If you carry liability insurance, your insurance company has to offer you the same amount of UM/UIM coverage.  Always purchase the highest amount of UM/UIM offered to you. Progressive Insurance now offers $500,000 of UM/UIM coverage on a motorcycle.

Protect yourself and your loved ones.  Check your motorcycle and automobile policy today and make sure that you are carrying maximum insurance coverage.  If you have any questions about your insurance coverage or need any additional information regarding a motorcycle or automobile accident, please fill out our contact form or contact my office at (732) 388-5454 or 1-800-TEAM-LAW.  I will be happy to answer your questions free of charge.

Andrew S. Prince, Esq.

136 Central Avenue
Clark, NJ 07066
(732) 388-5454
1 (800) 832-6529
(732) 388-8711 — Fax

Additional Offices in New Jersey:
Edison, East Brunswick, Jersey City, Newark, Orange, Perth Amboy, Westfield and West New York